Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Great Expectations

I decided to watch this movie to see Gwyneth Paltrow, as I usually like the movies that she's in. I think I was supposed to read this book in high school, but couldn't get into it - oops! Watching the movie, I couldn't decide if I was sympathetic to Ethan Hawke's Finn. Despite my insistence that I can't stand happy endings, I'm afraid that I'm always rooting for true love. And also for the underdog. The part where Robert DeNiro's character showed up in New York got my attention after I had started to lose interest. It wasn't until near the end when Finn ran into Estella & her child visiting her aunt's house that I realized that I had seen this movie before! I actually had thought some parts seemed a bit familiar, but I wouldn't have watched it again if I had realized that I'd already seen it.

No comments: